Fifth Grade is a Fantastic Year!
Our curriculum is S.O.L. aligned and rigorous, but we have fun while learning each day. We have five teachers on our team. Each teacher is highly qualified in the areas of math, science, language arts, and social studies. Students also attend one resource class each day in physical education, art, music, or in the media center.
As fifth graders, students are given extra responsibilities throughout the school. Our students are leaders in the form of Morning Announcers, Choir members and much more!
The fifth grade classes enjoy special activities as well. In the spring, students attend a celebration as they say "goodbye" to North. By the end of the academic year, each child is well prepared for the challenge and excitement of middle school. We know your child will enjoy his or her year in fifth grade as much as we do.
5th GRADE SUPPLY LIST
- Bookbag (no rolling bags allowed)
- Three ring binder – 2 inch (No plastic rings)
- 1 plastic pocket folder (must have 3 holes to put in binder)
- Large soft zippered pencil holder to put in binder (no plastic boxes)
- 1 – 5 tab dividers
- 3 - single subject spiral notebooks (different colors)(plastic covers hold up best)
- 2 -three subject spiral notebook (different colors)(plastic covers hold up best)
- *Loose leaf notebook paper ( 2 packs or more)
- *Supply of #2 pencils ( 50 or more)
- *Expo Markers (8 or more)
- *Glue Sticks (10 or more)
- *Colored pencils (2 packs or more)
- *Large Eraser or cap erasers
- *2 Highlighters
- 1 red pen
- Pencil sharpener with cap (2 or more since they don’t last long)
- Bring to school $1.00 for Communication Folder
- 2 large boxes of tissues
- 1 large bottle of hand sanitizer (girls only)
- 1 bottle of Clorox wipes (boys only)
*These supplies may need to be replenished throughout the year.
This is a generic supply list. Your child’s teacher may request additional items.